Services We Provide
The Tweed Hospital provides a wide range of accessible healthcare services to the public. The information provided in this directory is aimed at making it easier for everyone to understand what services are available and how to access them. Select from the services listing on the right of the screen to learn more about these services, or download the Tweed Hospital Patient Information Directory.
Hours of Service
The Tweed Hospital is open 24hrs, 365 days per year
Tweed Hospital Patient Information Directory is currently under review and will be available to download soon
Powell Street, Tweed Heads, NSW 2485, Australia
PO Box 904, Tweed Heads, NSW, 2485, Australia
(07) 5506 7000 (07) 5506 7411
- Cancer Care Unit: 7:30am-6:30pm (opening hours of day only unit; patients encouraged to have support during treatment)
- Coronary Care Unit: 2pm-8pm
- High Dependency Unit: 10am-8pm
- Intensive Care Unit: 10am-8pm
- Medical Ward 1 (Acute Medical/Step Down Cardiac): 2pm-8pm
- Medical Ward 2 (General Medical/Palliative Care): 11am-12:30pm and 2pm-8pm
- Medical Ward 3 (Combined Medical/Surgical & Renal): 10am-12noon and 2pm-8pm
- Medical Ward 4 (Short Stay Medical): 10am – 12pm and 2pm – 8pm.
- Renal Dialysis Unit: 7am-9:30pm
- Paediatric Ward: 10am-8pm. (One parent may stay 24hrs)
- Surgical 1 (General Surgery): 2pm-8pm and on request
- Surgical 2 (Orthopaedic Surgery): 2pm-8pm and on request
- Kurrajong – Tweed Mental Health Clinic: 2pm-8pm Mon – Fri; 10am-8pm weekends
- Women’s Care Unit: 2pm-8pm (NSW Time). Partners and siblings may visit during the morning. Mothers are encouraged to rest from 12 to 2pm and phone calls are discouraged during this time.
- Onsite parking available
- Onsite disabled parking available
- Onsite street parking available
(07) 5506 7434
Acting Director of Medical Services
Dr Nilesh Parmar
(07) 5506 7454
Director Nursing & Midwifery – The Tweed Hospital
(07) 5506 7470
The Tweed Hospital is currently undergoing a range of interim improvement works to ensure the hospital can continue to meet increasing demand and deliver high quality care as we transition to the new $534 million Tweed Valley Hospital.
Work commenced late 2017 with the arrival of a modular building at the rear of Pathology, which is being transformed to provide additional overnight inpatient beds, scheduled for completion mid-2019.
The works will also see:
- The expansion of the Emergency Department to provide additional patient accommodation for non-urgent patients in an Early Treatment Zone as well as increased acute care beds and mental health facilities.
- Additional high dependency beds in the Intensive Care Unit.
- An increased number of treatment chairs and consulting rooms for Oncology.
- An additional CT machine.
- Increased number of Operating Theatres and increased surgical recovery area.
- Additional beds – Medical 4 Ward
The Tweed Hospital seeks the public’s patience and understanding during these works, which are due for completion mid 2019.
For information on the Tweed Valley Hospital development, please visit:
Tweed Valley Hospital Development Webpage
Location of Service
The Tweed Hospital, Powell Street, Tweed Heads NSW 2485